Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The one about the farmer's daughter

A week with my mom went too fast. I love my mom. We always talk beforehand about all the wonderful things we will do while she's in town, but end up not able to get out of the apartment before 1pm. And then just hang out at Target. We did actually make it to Dupont Circle for the Farmer's Market. That's mainly because we really like to eat and tend to eat badly while together, so at least we had fresh things to make up for the 3 blizzards and thousands of chips we ate. We even insisted on Iced Coffees from McDonald's after my husband told us all the horrid things in them. Just know that many of the ingredients are directly related to making your body poop. And why I would even want to touch anything like that KNOWING that it has ingredients like that,I don't know, since I already have plenty of actual shit to deal with as the mother of a tiny human. But, alas, the tiny human is the entire reason I NEED iced coffee, so round and shit covered round we go.

The produce and flowers were gorgeous. The homemade yogurt with honey was amazing. They also sell the best peanut butter cookies I have ever tasted.
DSC_1214e
DSC_1222e
Burro's tail
DSC_1223
DSC_1234e
Kalamata Olive bread!!!

1 comment:

  1. I confess, I like the ice coffees from McDonalds as well. And like you said, I NEED one because of baby. So there, right? :) I am glad you had a nice week with your mom, and going to Target and not getting out till 1pm is still lovely.

    Great shots--beautiful colors, I love the farmers market.

    ReplyDelete