Thursday, January 27, 2011

making stuff and doing stuff and just stuff

I have been crocheting. I sort of don't know what I want it to be yet. A hat or part of a scarf or maybe a lovely potholder. The point is it feels nice to do it. My mom taught me when I was about 17 and her mom taught her. My grandmother has HER mother's tiny little hooks that she used for doilies and all the fine little detailed beauties that no one does anymore. The yarn and hook just feel right. I don't knit. I know how to knit, but not purl. I don't know any left handed knitters to show me and the two sticks just don't feel RIGHT in my hands. Crocheting is like an old friend that I always come back to when I am sad or just need to make and do. Lately, I need to make and do. Partly because I feel inspired and partly because it's so calming. Like tea.
3/52
(3/52)

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful, marie. i'm happy you are doing something for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your sweetest comment! your photos are beautiful. I absolutely adore the one of your daughter in her crib with a sleepy expresion. xx oo

    ReplyDelete